Callaway JAWS MD5 Chrome Custom Wedge
Wedge FittingWhat can you expect During a fitting a Golf Galaxy? Watch the Video Below to Learn More.
Through an interview and an evaluation of your wedge technique, we can determine the proper type(s) and loft(s) of wedges that are best suited for you.
Sole design, loft and club length are the key elements. Based on the interview and short game swing analysis, we determine the proper wedge sole design to optimize performance on the short approaches and scoring shots around the green. We find the best loft options based on your current set make-up and the distance gapping needs that enhance your ability to control distance and trajectory on short approaches, chip shots, pitches and sand shots. The proper length of each wedge is measured to further enhance your distance and control.
Discover your desired feel in the wedges. Call your Golf Galaxy store today to book your Wedge Gap Analysis.
Usually ships in 10 business days.
Standard Ground Service Available
The product of rigorous testing and Tour validation, Callaway JAWS MD5 Wedges set a new performance standard. Versatile bounce/sole grind combinations, including the new Low Bounce W-Grind, enable playability from the fairway, rough and sand. Proprietary JAWS groove design combines with Groove-In-Groove Technology to create incredible spin and unparalleled short game control. Loft-optimized weighting and a soft 8620 Carbon Steel construction enable uniquely satisfying feel.
Custom items cannot be returned or exchanged
More Options to Lower Your Score - Selecting Sole Grind:
- JAWS MD5 Wedges are available in 5 grind options, each with generous camber from heel to toe for smooth turf interaction and soft feel
- C-Grind: Increased relief, especially at the heel, making it easier to play shots with the face open. Ideal for medium to shallow attack angles and/or firm course conditions. (8° Bounce)
- S-Grind: Medium-width sole with slight camber at the back and moderate heel relief to keep the leading edge low through impact, promoting solid contact on open-faced shots. (10° Bounce)
- W-Grind: Sole is wider at the center and toe, and narrower at the heel, with moderate heel relief and generous front-to-back camber. That prevents digging without increasing bounce, and keeps the leading edge close to the turf at impact. Great for open-faced shots and more versatile than the previous W-Grind. (12° Bounce)
- Low Bounce W-Grind:Direct result of Tour player feedback that delivers increased playability around the green while providing moderate heel relief and generous front-to-back camber. Great for playing a wider variety of greenside shots.
- X-Grind: Features a narrow, high-bounce crescent sole with the low point near the front. Excellent for moderate to steep attack angles and medium-to-soft course conditions (12° Bounce)
The New Standard for Wedge Performance
- Most vigorously tested and Tour-validated wedge Callaway has ever offered
- Tour refined shapes, sole grinds and camber make it easier to create clean contact on tight lies for greater control
- 4 weight ports and milled aluminum medallions enables positioning of the CG progressively upward as loft increases for solid feel on every shot
- Club head constructed of soft 8620 Carbon Steel to equip golfers with a uniquely satisfying feel
New JAWS Groove Design with Groove-In-Groove Technology
- New JAWS groove design creates groove-edge sharpness for maximum grip and spin control
- Proprietary Groove-In-Groove Technology is saw-cut and horizontally milled to precise tolerances for spin
- Lower-lofted wedges (52° and below) feature a 20D groove for more consistent spin on fuller shots
- Higher-lofted wedges (54° and up) feature an aggressive 5D groove for maximum control out of the rough and around green
- Each 16-groove configuration features Callaway’s extra “Nip It” groove near the leading edge for added spin control
- Micro-Positive Surface Roughness milled into the flat parts of the face enable increased spin on a variety of shots
- 3 raised micro ridges extend the length of the hitting area to grab golf ball’s cover and deliver Tour-level spin control
- Combination of grooves + micro grooves provides 84 contact points for the face to grab the ball’s cover
- Developed by Roger Cleveland and Callaway R&D, with heavy influence by Tour-pro input
- Total performance wedge with premium shape, striking finish, outstanding feel, unique versatility and exceptional spin
- Brand : Callaway
- Web ID: 19CWYMMD5JWSCHRMCSPI
- SKU: 20589534
|Model||Loft||Lie||Length||Bounce/Grind||Groove Type||Swing Weight|
|46°||46°||64°||35.75"||10° (S)||20D||D3 (STL) | D2 (GRH)|
|48°||48°||64°||35.75"||10° (S)||20D||D3 (STL) | D2 (GRH)|
|50°||50°||64°||35.50"||10° (S) | 12° (W)||20D||D3 (STL) | D2 (GRH)|
|52°||52°||64°||35.50"||10° (S) | 12° (W)||20D||D3 (STL) | D2 (GRH)|
|54°||54°||64°||35.25"||8° (C) | 10° (S) | 12° (W)||37D||D4 (STL) | D3 (GRH)|
|56°||56°||64°||35.25"||8° (C) | 10° (S) | 12° (W)||37D||D4 (STL) | D3 (GRH)|
|58°||58°||64°||35.00"||8° (C, W) | 10° (S) | 12° (W, X)||37D||D4 (STL) | D3 (GRH)|
|60°||60°||64°||35.00"||8° (C, W) | 10° (S) | 12° (W, X)||37D||D4 (STL) | D3 (GRH)|
|64°||64°||64°||35.00"||10° (S)||37D||D4 (STL) | D3 (GRH)|