The Golf Digest 2015 Hot List
The best golf clubs of the year are here at Golf Galaxy—shop the Golf Digest 2015 Hot List.
How to Use the Hot List
The Hot List team at Golf Digest does all the hard work—selecting the best clubs for your game in 2015. You're left with the fun part—finding the new club that improves your round. Use the Hot List as your guide and refer to is as you search for new equipment throughout the year.
How Clubs Make the Hot List
Golf Digest editors spend months carefully curating the Hot List.
Judges study up on the industry and its latest technologies and trends. And they rack up plenty of frequent flier miles visiting the industry's leading manufacturers and touring facilities, where they oversee product development. And—yes—Golf Digest judges always pay their own way.
Every golf manufacturer, big or small, can nominate products for the Hot List. Golf clubs must be from the company's proprietary line and available at full price through the first half of 2015.
The Golf Digest editorial staff reviews hundreds of nominations during its annual Hot List Summit. Judges conduct tests, consult with leading academics and meet with retailers to determine which clubs consumers want.
Next, they watch 20 players hit tens of thousands of shots. Robots also conduct tests and provide extra data.
Each club receives a score based on four key factors:
- Performance: What happens to the ball when hit by the club? (45 percent)
- Innovation: How does the club's technology advance the category? (30 percent)
- Look, Feel & Sound: What does the golfer experience before, during and after impact? (20 percent)
- Demand: The relative interest in a product and its reputation. (5 percent)
The Scoring Scale:
- Gold Products score 93 to 100 points
- Silver Products score 88 to 92.99 points