Birthplace: Frankfort, IN
Turned Professional: 1982
- 1977 Insurance Youth Classic National Champion
- 1977 International Junior Masters Champion
- Ranked #3 Junior in the nation in 1978 by Golf Digest Magazine
- Member of the Purdue Boilermakers golf team that won the 1981 Big Ten Championship
- Numerous college and professional victories
- 1985-1989 Head Golf Professional at Lago Vista CC
- 1993-1995 Lead teaching professional at the Harvey Penick Golf Academy
- Worked with Harvey Penick and Bryan Gathright developing and teaching at the Harvey Penick Golf Academy
- 1995-2005 Director of Golf at the Harvey Penick Golf Academy
I believe the golf swing is a simple movement that has been over complicated with mechanical thoughts. Sound fundamentals and a basic understanding of ball flight laws enable my students to help them develop a consistent set-up resulting in a repeatable golf swing.
I preach the fundamentals. The most important fundamental being the way the student places their hands on the club. Second in importance is the placement of the ball in their stance. Only after the student has mastered these fundamentals do we begin working on posture and alignment. These fundamentals are how I believe I can help players meet their full potential as golfers.