Gain Yardage With Men’s Golf Drivers
The right driver can make a huge difference in your game. If your driver isn’t up to par, you could be sacrificing power and accuracy off the tee. Hit longer, straighter drives and shave strokes off your scores with a new driver from Golf Galaxy.
Golf Galaxy features a full selection of the best golf drivers from the brands you trust, including TaylorMade®, PING®, Callaway®, Cobra®, Nike® and more. Find exactly what you need for your game. We carry:
- A full selection of right- and left-handed drivers
- Lofts ranging from 8 – 16 degrees
- The flex you need for your swing: Regular, Stiff, Extra Stiff, 2X Stiff or Senior
At Golf Galaxy, you’re sure to find the driver you need for your skill level and price range. To get the most out of your new driver, schedule a custom driver fitting at your local Golf Galaxy store. Our PGA Pros and Certified Fitters will analyze your clubhead speed, spin rate and launch angle and customize your new driver to your specific needs.
With all of the options available today, buying a new driver may seem like an overwhelming process. But it doesn’t have to be. You can make sure you make the right choice by focusing on a few key factors:
A higher-lofted driver helps get the ball in the air, which leads to more distance. The amount of loft you need comes down to your swing speed:
- Less than 60 MPH: 14 – 15 degrees of loft
- 60 – 70 MPH: 12 – 13 degrees of loft
- 70 – 80 MPH: 10.5 – 11.5 degrees of loft
- 80 – 90 MPH: At least 9 – 10.5 degrees of loft
- Over 90 MPH: Lowest loft available
The flex of the shaft impacts trajectory, accuracy and distance. Choose your shaft flex based on swing speed. Use the following to guide your selection:
- Extra Stiff: 105 mph or higher
- Stiff: 90 to 105 mph
- Regular: 80 to 95 mph
- Senior: 70-85 mph
Take greater control of your game with an adjustable driver. Many of today’s drivers allow you to customize several features:
- Hosel: Adjust the loft to achieve optimal launch angles and spin rates. Typically, you cannot adjust the loft without affecting the lie, but some clubs do allow you to alter these features independently.
- Center of Gravity: Many drivers now feature moveable weights that you can adjust on the sole of the club. This allows you to tailor the club to hit a fade, draw or neutral shot.
So, now you’ve found the perfect driver, but are you playing the right ball? Yes, the golf ball you choose can have a huge impact on your game. Learn more about our in-store golf ball fittings and find out which ball best suits your unique skills.