Enhance Your Game With A Golf Rangefinder, Golf Watch Or GPS Device
If you’re ready to start playing at a higher level, it may be time to add a golf rangefinder or GPS device to your bag. You’ll find exactly what you need at Golf Galaxy. Choose from top brands like Garmin®, GolfBuddy®, SkyCaddie® and more.
Take the guesswork out of your game with a golf rangefinder. Point your new rangefinder at the pin and discover the distance to the green—no more relying on course markers, tree counting or gut feelings to choose the right club.
You’ll also find a great selection of GPS devices, including the latest GPS watches and handheld options. Today’s golf GPS systems come preloaded with thousands of course maps to give you instant access to yardage, helping you lower scores and create faster, more enjoyable rounds. And many golf GPS watches double as a sharp-looking wristwatch off the course, tracking essential health stats like steps walked and calories burned.
Purchasing a golf rangefinder, GPS or watch is a key step to improving your game, and you don’t have to stop there. Check out our selection of golf training aids, including swing analyzers, cameras, mats and more.
First, you’ll need to decide if you’re best suited by a rangefinder, GPS device or GPS watch.
Laser rangefinders offer precise distances to targets and are accurate within a few yards. When comparing rangefinders, determine the range, accuracy, slope-measuring abilities, magnification, water resistance and battery power you need for your game.
The advantage of rangefinders over GPS systems is their simplicity. With most models, you just point the rangefinder at your target, and it provides the distance. Some models can even detect changes in elevation and other environmental conditions.
Keep in mind, though, that you must have a clear view of the target to use your rangefinder. For instance, you won’t be able to find the distance to the green on a blind hole. And if you’re playing in bright sunlight, rain or fog, the rangefinder may not provide the most accurate reading.
However, if you’re looking for an easy-to-use, dependable device for measuring distance on the course, it’s tough to beat the convenience of a rangefinder.
Handheld GPS Systems
When choosing a handheld GPS system, consider the following features:
- Course Availability: Check to see how many courses you will have access to.
- Course Imagery: Some of today’s GPS devices are quite detailed, providing information like distance to course hazards. Make sure your device has the features you want.
- Display Screen: Look for a high-resolution, color display for the best experience.
- Durability: Make sure the GPS you choose is built tough. Look for an impact-resistant model to guard against drops and other mishaps. Go with a waterproof model to ensure you’re covered when the rain clouds roll in. Also, an anti-glare screen can be a lifesaver on bright, sunny days.
- Battery Life: As always, make sure to check the device’s battery life and recharging process.
Golf GPS Watches
Golf watches are the latest innovation in course management. They provide the precise distance of the rangefinder and the details of a handheld GPS—and it all fits comfortably on your wrist. The GPS golf watch has all the features of a handheld device, and many track additional stats like steps, calories burned and more.