On Staff PGA Professional
See this PGA Pro’s Profile
Birthplace: Spooner, WI
Turned Professional: 1972
- 1978 -1990 Golf Instructor, The Golf School at Mount Snow, Vermont
- 1991 -1992 Director/Head Instructor, Golf Digest Golf Academy, Bangkok, Thailand
- 1994 Golf Instructor/Skills Test Administrator, Schlossgut Eppinhausen, Erlen, Switzerland
- 1994 -1995 Golf Instructor John Jacobs' Golf Academy, Angel Park Golf Club, Las Vegas, NV
- 1995 - 1998 Director/Head Instructor, John Jacobs' Golf Academy, Klub Golf Bogor Raya, Bogor, Indonesia
- 1999 - 2006 Assistant Professional/ Primary Golf Instructor, Oak Lane Country Club, Woodbridge, CT
- 2004 Golf Digest Magazine voted by peers as one of Connecticut's Best Golf Instructors
- 2006 Member of the PGA Presidents Council on Growing the Game
- 2006 Attained PGA Certified Status In Golf Instruction
- 2006 Connecticut Section PGA Teacher of the Year
A few core elements exist in my teaching and coaching philosophy. First, I feel that a successful instructor must incorporate solid fundamentals in all areas of the game. Therefore, all of my teaching methods are based on a firm understanding of the ball flight laws and the principles that guide them. Still I view these laws and principles with an open mind for I understand one may have his/ her own individual style.
Although the equipment I utilize is highly technical, the advice I give is not. Students are able to relate to me and understand my directives clearly, for I build on skills that have already been learned. I treat every student as if they are my only student and I feel fortunate they have given me the opportunity to learn and share with them the game I love.