Based on the shape of the tour proven CG14™ wedge, the CG16™ has a hint of offset and is slightly larger for added forgiveness. The face features the same spin maximizing technology featured on the CG15™ wedge - Tour Zip Grooves™ in combination with Cleveland® Golf's breakthrough Laser Milled™ surface roughness technology. Using the precision accuracy of a laser, each face features four perfectly calibrated texture lines milled between each groove exactly to the conforming roughness limit. This surface roughness application optimizes ball-to-face friction and maximizes spin within the Rules of Golf.
- Laser Milled Face
- More precise and consistent surface roughness than alternative methods.
- Optimal surface roughness to maximize spin.
- Tour Zip Grooves
- Precise milling technology preserves edges and maintains perfect groove consistency.
- Maximizes allowable groove dimensions while conforming to 2011 USGA groove requirements.
- Tour Proven C Sole Design
- Wide constant width sole from heel to toe combined with heel and toe grinds.
- Improves bunker performance while maintaining shot-making versatility.
- Wedge Cavity Back
- Perimeter weighting and geometry to deepen center-of-gravity and increase MOI.
- Improved stability and forgiveness on off-center hits while maintaining signature "Cleveland" feel.
- TRACTION Shaft for improved feel
- Engineered from Tip to Grip to improve FEEL, the stiffness profile of Cleveland Golf's TRACTION shaft reacts to the flex demands of any wedge shot.
- The tip section is slightly softer - improving feel and responsiveness.
- Stiffness was increased in the mid and butt sections of the shaft to assure optimal launch conditions and consistency on full shots.
Bounce Fitting System
- Low Bounce- 1 Dot
- Best when playing from firm turf conditions and tight lies.
- Fits players with shallow attack angles
- Standard Bounce - 2 Dot
- Accomodates the largest variety of sand, turf, and swing types
GolfGalaxy.com offers simple, flat-rate shipping to destinations in the continguous U.S. via UPS.
Our policy is to strive for the best possible combination of price and service for your shipment.
This Product’s Shipping Information
|Shipped within the contiguous 48 states*:
|Shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico**:
In order to better serve our guests, we will occasionally offer discounted shipping promotions. Any shipping discounts will be applied in your shopping cart.
*Due to package size restrictions from UPS, some large or bulky items (such as cart bags, travel cases, and hitting nets) may have an oversize package handling charge applied. Items with oversize handling charges will be clearly indicated in the product description at the product purchase page. The additional charge for oversized items will vary depending on the size and will be combined with the regular shipping fee in the shipping charge box at checkout.
**Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico ship via UPS 2nd Day or Next Day service. If Ground service is selected in the shipping charge box at checkout, your order will be shipped via UPS 2nd Day service with the applicable charges. 2nd Day and Next Day services for oversized items are only available by contacting a Golf Galaxy customer service representative. Additional charges will apply.
"Overnight" shipments will arrive the next business day (excluding weekends and holidays) after departing GolfGalaxy. "2-Day Air" shipments arrive in two business days after departing GolfGalaxy. On-time delivery for both methods is guaranteed by UPS. Shipping delays may occur during busy Holidays or in the spring -- we will do our best to accommodate last minute and expedited orders placed during these times.
Most orders are shipped within 48 hours of online placement. Orders must be placed by 11:30 AM (ET) Monday-Friday in order to be eligible for that day's "Overnight" or "2-Day Air" shipments. Orders for residential delivery placed on Sunday or Monday will not be shipped until Tuesday and orders for business delivery placed on weekends will not ship until Monday, so please take this into consideration when specifying expedited shipping requests.
Additional Shipping Information
Cleveland Wedges are the best
DrWillie from Canandaigua, NY | 6/26/2014 9:19 AM
My irons are TaylorMades, and my index is 9.8, that is low-80's. Had the TaylorMade ATV wedges 52 and 56 degrees, the ones with the fat soles that they call "variable". I couldn't get used to them, bladed them often. Bought the Cleveland 52 and 56 as I have a Cleveland CG14 62 degree that I can hit. Well, first time out with the CG16's I saved 3 strokes with chip shots from 10-50 yards out to within 3 feet. They are so much easier to hit, especially if you have a steep entry like me.
Tony from Naperville, IL | 6/19/2014 4:57 PM
Really improved my short game, I'm able to control not only distance but also back spin
Awesome clubs, great feel and value.
Tim from Appleton, WI | 6/19/2014 4:53 PM
Love Cleveland's wedges! I had Titleist Vokey and couldn't get a "gap" between 52 and 56 degree wedges and feel was so-so for me. Purchased 52 and 56 degree CG16s and immediately I was 3-5 strokes better per round. Great feel, ability to hit stop and release shots simply.
JRTQM from Kenmore, NY | 6/19/2014 8:49 AM
I like the feel of this glove and so far its durability. The extra padding give me the opportunity to reduce pressure and plays with more relaxed grip.
Best wedge Cleveland has made.
Graham Cohen from Carmel, IN | 5/29/2014 7:44 AM
Big sweet spot easy to spin the ball and stop the ball. My opinion its the best wedge on the market hope they dont discontinue this club.