Your golf swing is unique and so should your driver. The TaylorMade Men's R1 Driver is fully customizable so you can perfectly shape your shots for supreme distance off of the tee. Tune in your ideal loft then enhance that setting with an optimal launch angle to drives that fly further. Movable weights add another layer to the customization so you can promote a neutral flight path or distance-enhancing draw. The clean, white crown graphic is easy to align and minimizes glare for increased concentration.
"Our depth of experience and expertise with tuning technologies allowed us to create the R1, one driver that can be adjusted for everyone from Tour pros to high handicaps."
- Dr. Benoit Vincent, Chief Technical Officer
Customizable Loft Sleeve
- 2° loft sleeve marked with loft adjustments
- 7 standard and 5 upright loft options between 8° and 12° (±2°) for a total of 12 very different loft settings to achieve optimal launch
- Unique right hand and left hand sleeves
- Factory setting is 10°
Changes in Loft Affect Face Angle
Adjustable Sole Plate
- 7 face angle options: Neutral/Square, Open, Medium-Open, Maximum-Open, Closed, Medium-Closed and Maximum-Closed
- ±4° face angle adjustment
- New design for better wear and visibility
Crown Graphic Technology
- The black clubface, non-glare white crown and gray/orange/black crown graphics help players see and accurately square the club's face to the ball at address
- Thick-Thin Crown provides lower and more-forward CG location promoting high launch, fast ball speed and low spin
- Inverted Cone Technology milled into the inner side of the clubface expands the portion of the face that delivers high ball speed
- Improved aerodynamics reduce drag over the head to promote faster clubhead speed
- Shot-shaping movable weights promote a neutral/straight flight or a distance-enhancing draw
- Aldila RIP Phenom 55-gram shaft promotes faster clubhead speed while delivering greater feel than typical ultra-light shafts
Aldila RIP Phenom 55
GolfGalaxy.com offers simple, flat-rate shipping to destinations in the continguous U.S. via UPS.
Our policy is to strive for the best possible combination of price and service for your shipment.
This Product’s Shipping Information
|Shipped within the contiguous 48 states*:
|Shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico**:
In order to better serve our guests, we will occasionally offer discounted shipping promotions. Any shipping discounts will be applied in your shopping cart.
*Due to package size restrictions from UPS, some large or bulky items (such as cart bags, travel cases, and hitting nets) may have an oversize package handling charge applied. Items with oversize handling charges will be clearly indicated in the product description at the product purchase page. The additional charge for oversized items will vary depending on the size and will be combined with the regular shipping fee in the shipping charge box at checkout.
**Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico ship via UPS 2nd Day or Next Day service. If Ground service is selected in the shipping charge box at checkout, your order will be shipped via UPS 2nd Day service with the applicable charges. 2nd Day and Next Day services for oversized items are only available by contacting a Golf Galaxy customer service representative. Additional charges will apply.
"Overnight" shipments will arrive the next business day (excluding weekends and holidays) after departing GolfGalaxy. "2-Day Air" shipments arrive in two business days after departing GolfGalaxy. On-time delivery for both methods is guaranteed by UPS. Shipping delays may occur during busy Holidays or in the spring -- we will do our best to accommodate last minute and expedited orders placed during these times.
Most orders are shipped within 48 hours of online placement. Orders must be placed by 11:30 AM (ET) Monday-Friday in order to be eligible for that day's "Overnight" or "2-Day Air" shipments. Orders for residential delivery placed on Sunday or Monday will not be shipped until Tuesday and orders for business delivery placed on weekends will not ship until Monday, so please take this into consideration when specifying expedited shipping requests.
Additional Shipping Information
Much better than the R11s!
Denis from Northfield, OH | 3/20/2014 7:47 AM
The R1 55 gram "s" shaft is much better than the R11 65 gram"s". Loft adjustment on the R1 doesn't close the face when increasing loft. Big difference.
Keith from Racine, WI | 3/13/2014 8:16 AM
This driver is great, I had a Taylormade R11s in my bag that i normally play and got this driver for a set of clubs I have where I vacation after the first round I bought another one.
Can make a pro out of anyone
TT from Pendleton, KY | 2/27/2014 11:43 PM
Great driver for the price. The sound of the club striking the ball lets you know it was a solid hit no matter where on the face that happens to be. It will make you fell like a pro when you play.
The dream driver
Don Groetken from Keenersburg, CO | 1/17/2014 8:48 PM
First time to the range with the new R1 I was hitting it straight and it added 30yds to my drive. It's easy to adjust, but I didn't have to because the golf pro at Golf Galaxy had it all set up for me. Can't wait to use on the course this year in the Golf Channel amateur tour.
C Warwick from Dallas, TX | 1/17/2014 9:43 AM
I really enjoy the looks and the feel of this club. I've played around with some of the adjustability, and it definitely made a difference. My only complaint is that the stock shaft is a bit soft for my swing. I've swung a friend's R1 with a stiff shaft, and I had much better performance. Overall, It's a great club, you'll just have to set it up for your swing.