Your golf swing is unique and so should your driver. The TaylorMade Men's R1 Driver is fully customizable so you can perfectly shape your shots for supreme distance off of the tee. Tune in your ideal loft then enhance that setting with an optimal launch angle to drives that fly further. Movable weights add another layer to the customization so you can promote a neutral flight path or distance-enhancing draw. The clean, white crown graphic is easy to align and minimizes glare for increased concentration.
"Our depth of experience and expertise with tuning technologies allowed us to create the R1, one driver that can be adjusted for everyone from Tour pros to high handicaps."
- Dr. Benoit Vincent, Chief Technical Officer
Customizable Loft Sleeve
- 2° loft sleeve marked with loft adjustments
- 7 standard and 5 upright loft options between 8° and 12° (±2°) for a total of 12 very different loft settings to achieve optimal launch
- Unique right hand and left hand sleeves
- Factory setting is 10°
Changes in Loft Affect Face Angle
Adjustable Sole Plate
- 7 face angle options: Neutral/Square, Open, Medium-Open, Maximum-Open, Closed, Medium-Closed and Maximum-Closed
- ±4° face angle adjustment
- New design for better wear and visibility
Crown Graphic Technology
- The black clubface, non-glare white crown and gray/orange/black crown graphics help players see and accurately square the club's face to the ball at address
- Thick-Thin Crown provides lower and more-forward CG location promoting high launch, fast ball speed and low spin
- Inverted Cone Technology milled into the inner side of the clubface expands the portion of the face that delivers high ball speed
- Improved aerodynamics reduce drag over the head to promote faster clubhead speed
- Shot-shaping movable weights promote a neutral/straight flight or a distance-enhancing draw
- Aldila RIP Phenom 55-gram shaft promotes faster clubhead speed while delivering greater feel than typical ultra-light shafts
Aldila RIP Phenom 55
GolfGalaxy.com offers simple, flat-rate shipping to destinations in the continguous U.S. via UPS.
Our policy is to strive for the best possible combination of price and service for your shipment.
This Product’s Shipping Information
|Shipped within the contiguous 48 states*:
|Shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico**:
In order to better serve our guests, we will occasionally offer discounted shipping promotions. Any shipping discounts will be applied in your shopping cart.
*Due to package size restrictions from UPS, some large or bulky items (such as cart bags, travel cases, and hitting nets) may have an oversize package handling charge applied. Items with oversize handling charges will be clearly indicated in the product description at the product purchase page. The additional charge for oversized items will vary depending on the size and will be combined with the regular shipping fee in the shipping charge box at checkout.
**Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico ship via UPS 2nd Day or Next Day service. If Ground service is selected in the shipping charge box at checkout, your order will be shipped via UPS 2nd Day service with the applicable charges. 2nd Day and Next Day services for oversized items are only available by contacting a Golf Galaxy customer service representative. Additional charges will apply.
"Overnight" shipments will arrive the next business day (excluding weekends and holidays) after departing GolfGalaxy. "2-Day Air" shipments arrive in two business days after departing GolfGalaxy. On-time delivery for both methods is guaranteed by UPS. Shipping delays may occur during busy Holidays or in the spring -- we will do our best to accommodate last minute and expedited orders placed during these times.
Most orders are shipped within 48 hours of online placement. Orders must be placed by 11:30 AM (ET) Monday-Friday in order to be eligible for that day's "Overnight" or "2-Day Air" shipments. Orders for residential delivery placed on Sunday or Monday will not be shipped until Tuesday and orders for business delivery placed on weekends will not ship until Monday, so please take this into consideration when specifying expedited shipping requests.
Additional Shipping Information
Randall Walsh from Larsen, WI | 4/25/2014 2:55 PM
Bought this club because my face cracked on my old driver. Played a few rounds and spent some time at the range. With some playing with the set up I can hit the fairway about 80 percent of the time.
Never could hit a driver until I got an R9.Now want better
TiBubble2 from Kenosha, WI | 4/24/2014 10:54 PM
After purchasing the R1 received an email from Taylor Made informing me of an app for my iphone on how to customize your shot. Very informative. You can change all the info and it tells you what to do, loft, lie etc. Now if the weather would cooperate so I can get on the course. Have always had TM clubs going back to the Pittsburg Persimion
Brian from Las Vegas, NV | 4/24/2014 7:42 AM
Replaced my cobra ss driver with this.....wow. I added 12 yds to my length, but it is all carry. I'm not hitting this towering bombs instead of low line drives. Pro at golf galaxy dialed it in for me. Love this club. Could not pass it up.
Very good feel even if you miss the center of the club face.
Paul Zamensky from Henderson, NV | 4/22/2014 10:11 AM
Like the feel and the ball flight path. Took a couple of adjustments to finally get the right set up.
love this driver
John from New Windsor, NY | 4/17/2014 8:43 PM
I hit 260 with this.