Tour Sticks work by taking one or two of the fiberglass rods provided and placing the alignment sticks in one of the numerous formations that target various aspects of the golf swing. Many tour players use alignment sticks before a tournament in order to assure their alignment is correct. An instructional flyer is included with the product illustrating a number of drills for the end user.
our Sticks will benefit golfers of all levels and ages from tee to green. The alignment sticks are a great teaching aid for coaches and affordable for students to purchase in order to continue working on the skills learned during the course of their lesson.
- At address your body (feet, knees, hips, forearms, shoulders and eyes) should be positioned parallel to the target line. To work on your alignment lay two Tour Sticks on the ground parallel to our target creating the image of a railroad track. The body will be on the inside rail and the ball on the outside rail.
- Ball Position
- Tour Sticks can assist with ball position by placing two sticks in a T shape, one parallel to the target and the other the appropriate distance back from the front foot as in the above picture.
- The gateway drill is used to ensure that a player is starting the ball on the intended target line. This is achieved by placing 2 Tour Sticks in the ground about 6-12" apart and 10ft in front of you aimed at the intended target on a slight angle facing away from the golfer. The objective is to then hit shots that start between the two Tour Sticks.
- Putting - Straight Back & Through
- Place two Tour Sticks on the ground parallel to the target line and slightly wider than the putter head. With the ball placed in the center of the two sticks the objective is to take the putter back and through without hitting the sticks.
- Putting - Arc Style
- Like straight back and through putting the Arc Style putting drill is accomplished by placing two Tour Sticks on the ground parallel to the target line. However in this instance one stick is placed approximately two inches from the ball (the outside track) the other at a comfortable distance from the ball to allow alignment of the feet and body. The correct stroke is achieved by taking the putter back and through in a arc motion with the shoulders controlling the stroke, if done correctly the putter will not touch the sticks. If a golfer takes the putter from the inside out or outside in, the error will evidenced by the player hitting the Tour Stick either prior to or after hitting the ball.
GolfGalaxy.com offers simple, flat-rate shipping to destinations in the continguous U.S. via UPS.
Our policy is to strive for the best possible combination of price and service for your shipment.
This Product’s Shipping Information
|Shipped within the contiguous 48 states*:
|Shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico**:
In order to better serve our guests, we will occasionally offer discounted shipping promotions. Any shipping discounts will be applied in your shopping cart.
*Due to package size restrictions from UPS, some large or bulky items (such as cart bags, travel cases, and hitting nets) may have an oversize package handling charge applied. Items with oversize handling charges will be clearly indicated in the product description at the product purchase page. The additional charge for oversized items will vary depending on the size and will be combined with the regular shipping fee in the shipping charge box at checkout.
**Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico ship via UPS 2nd Day or Next Day service. If Ground service is selected in the shipping charge box at checkout, your order will be shipped via UPS 2nd Day service with the applicable charges. 2nd Day and Next Day services for oversized items are only available by contacting a Golf Galaxy customer service representative. Additional charges will apply.
"Overnight" shipments will arrive the next business day (excluding weekends and holidays) after departing GolfGalaxy. "2-Day Air" shipments arrive in two business days after departing GolfGalaxy. On-time delivery for both methods is guaranteed by UPS. Shipping delays may occur during busy Holidays or in the spring -- we will do our best to accommodate last minute and expedited orders placed during these times.
Most orders are shipped within 48 hours of online placement. Orders must be placed by 12:00 Noon (ET) Monday-Friday in order to be eligible for that day's "Overnight" or "2-Day Air" shipments. Orders for residential delivery placed on Sunday or Monday will not be shipped until Tuesday and orders for business delivery placed on weekends will not ship until Monday, so please take this into consideration when specifying expedited shipping requests.
Additional Shipping Information